Building Information Modelling
Building Information Modeling also referred to as BIM has gained immense popularity over the last decade. BIM is a digital representation of physical and functional characteristics of a facility. It is a parametric result of a combination of all the defined elements like walls, floors, windows etc.
2D deliverables (plans, sections and elevations) can be automatically generated from any defined direction or position. BIM models also contain Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing installations etc referred to as MEP. The foundation of a BIM process is the data that the design will be built upon. An appropriate scan to BIM model will provide the basis of this foundation making 3D laser scanning a key application throughout the project life cycle.
BIM extends to not just 2D drawings (elevations, sections, floor plans etc.) but also to 3D (width, depth and height), 4D (time) and 5D (Cost). It also covers spatial relationships, light analysis, geographic information, and quantities and properties of building components (for example, manufacturers’ details).
- Improved visualization
- Improved productivity due to easy retrieval of information
- Increased coordination of construction documents
- Embedding and linking of vital information such as vendors for specific materials, location of details and quantities required for estimation and tendering
- Increased speed of delivery
- Reduced cost
Designing or converting 2D drawings into 3D models is done by our highly qualified and experienced BIM team consisting of architects and engineers. We can create simple models to generate clash detection reports and more complex models to generate Shop drawings, 6D Facility Management or Quantity Take – Offs, depending on the required BIM output and the Level Of Detail.
Architectural BIM Services
- Converting 2D drawings to 3D BIM architectural model
- Tender filing – presentation
- Creation of site logistic models prior to construction
- Generating quantities from the 3D BIM architectural model
- BIM coordination model for subcontractors
- Creating As-Built drawings from 3D BIM model after project completion
- Clash Coordination
- 4D Simulation
Structural BIM Services
- Structural Design and Detailing
- Development of accurate 3D BIM model for the complete structure (Concrete, steel and wood)
- Stress/Load Calculation
- Structural Analysis
- Design – Slab and column
- 3D Modelling and Visualization (rendering and walk through)
- Estimation for construction cost
Mechanical Electrical and Plumbing (MEP)
- MEP/ HVAC BIM detailing, drafting, drawing and modeling
- Fabrication/Shop Drawings
- Plant layout design
- Fire protection system design
- Layouts for lighting showing lighting fixtures, emergency lighting
- Restoration Drawings
- Water line installation system Drawings
BIM coordination services include 3D visualization to understand the implications of project design at any given stage. This creative method to communicate the design intent, the space planning and experience of that space helps clients who have difficulty in reading technical drawings.3D visualization helps the team in minimizing the conflict between individual project designs.
- Clash Detection and Resolution
- Walk Through
One stop service provider for an integrated approach for Architectural, Structural design, Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing. Cronquest offers 3D BIM, 4D BIM (integration of 3D BIM model with Time or schedule-related information), 5D BIM (integration of 3D BIM model with time along with Cost related information) and 6D BIM (the intelligent linking of individual 3D CAD components or assemblies with all aspects of Project Life-Cycle Management information.) services.
Cronquest creates accurate set of drawings with appropriate data for step by step construction process, all the details required to make accurate estimations and the construction of the project itself. This is possible because of our approach of holistic and detailed BIM model creation.